Defending the faith of the Church is perhaps more important now than ever. In the post-modern world, Catholics have to contend with a number of objections to—and misunderstandings about—the divine faith of the Church. Ranging from doctrinal confusion, hostile secularism, religious pluralism and syncretism, to the rise of atheism and those who claim to be unaffiliated with any organized religion and more, there’s an increasing need for the faithful to be well-equipped in their ability to defend the belief of the Church.
Given the importance of defending the faith and its connection to evangelization, Catholic Online School has developed a “Defending the Faith” series to equip you with the necessary tools to answer some of the most common questions and objections.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll learn:
- Practical tips for evangelizing and defending the faith
- How to use reason to prove God’s existence as the Creator
- The meaning and effects of original and personal sin
- Whether the devil is real and what kind of power he has in your life
- The connection between faith, reason, science, and the Big Bang
- How to address the problem of evil and human suffering
- Why Catholics pray to the saints and venerate the Virgin Mary
- Why the priesthood is for men only
- Why Catholics call their priest “father” and why its biblically sound to do so
- Whether Christianity is logical and how to respond to the objections of the New Atheists
- Why the Church values sexual purity
That’s just a small sampling of the material we’re putting together to help you “make a defense” to anyone who asks you to provide an explanation “for the hope that is in you” (1 Pet 3:15).
Register for this free series and equip yourself to defend the faith and transform the world!
Deacon Frederick Bartels holds Live Lessons on these courses Tuesday - Friday @ 1 pm (PDT)